Blue Tree Acoustics Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) #9


What is the difference between ANC and UKAS testers?


ANC is the Association of Noise Consultants. To be a member, a firm must have qualification and experience in acoustics. Because of this, the testing members are knowledgeable and competent.

UKAS is the United Kingdom Accreditation Service. To be UKAS accredited for sound insulation testing, a firm needs no qualification or experience in acoustics.

All Blue Tree Acoustics staff have degrees in acoustics, are members of the institute of acoustics, are ANC registered testers, and have literally written the book about acoustics. Many other testing firms are none of these, very few have all of these.

last question
next question

Copyright 2010 © Blue Tree Acoustics, Energy and Acoustic Consultancy, Sheffield, Manchester, Leeds, London, UK

Listed in the YFS business directory in the Acoustic Consultants Sheffield category

Blue Tree Acoustics