Blue Tree Acoustics Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) #2


Will Building Control accept a test certificate for a party wall or floor which has failed to achieve the minimum requirement in the building regulations?


No. The minimum performance values are just that. They are not guidelines. A fail is a fail. The failure will be reported and a certificate will be issued, but the certificate will show that it is a failure. Building Control will then look to you to improve the performance and have the element retested. They may also require that additional tests are undertaken.

last question
next question

Copyright 2010 © Blue Tree Acoustics, Energy and Acoustic Consultancy, Sheffield, Manchester, Leeds, London, UK

Listed in the YFS business directory in the Acoustic Consultants Sheffield category

Blue Tree Acoustics